An ultrafiltration (UF) water system removes solid and suspended particulate in the water on a microscopic level. UF has a pore size of approximately 0.002 to 0.1 microns, an MWCO of approximately 10,000 to 100,000 dalton and an operating pressure of approximately 200 to 700 kPa (30 to 100 psi).
UF system utilizes hollow membrane fibers to eliminate suspended solids, bacteria, viruses, and pathogens from the feed water. Pumps send the treated water through microscopic pores, which act as a physical barrier that only allows filtrates to pass through them. Ultrafiltration strainers are used next to remove solids such as weeds and plastics from the filtered water before it enters the UF system. UF plants have been extremely useful in water and wastewater treatment by continuously providing excellent results. After UF treatment, the water can be sent to a reverse osmosis system for further purification or can be used to supply for immediate public usage.
HUI manufactures the most advanced UF system for water treatment purposes that fit the needs of different industries and application such as chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturing, food and beverage processing and wastewater treatment. Our system is made to be economical, compact, and capable of allowing decreased plugging and greater solids loading. The membranes ensure maximum filtration performance with high flux, including the system’s resistance to chemicals and high tolerance to changing temperatures.
HOW DOES ULTRAFILTRATION SYSTEM WORK?
UF system has diverse membrane filtrations where hydrostatic pressure pushes solvents against a very fine membrane. They block suspended particulates and solids that are large while water and solutes with a lower molecular weight are allowed to flow through the membrane.
Industry and research employ this separation process for purifying and concentrating macromolecular (103 – 106 Da) solutions, which are usually protein solutions. UF is similar to microfiltration (MF), nanofiltration (NF) or gas separation, except it differs on the molecule sizes it blocks.
To meet critical discharge criteria, UF system removes the need for clarifiers and multimedia water filtration. Effective UF system uses membranes that can be immersed, back-flushable, and air scoured. Spiral wound UF/MF membranes offer excellent performance for the clarification of process water and waste water.
ULTRAFILTRATION SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
UF membrane system is more reliable than a conventional multi-media filter, which removes approximately 10 micron or larger of matter, whereas UF membrane pore size ranges from 0.01 to 0.10 micron. In addition to superior turbidity removal, UF membrane efficiently removes bacteria and most viruses. Some of the benefits are:
- Superior filtration performance with high flux
- Very small nominal pore diameter (0.03 µm)
- Efficiently removes bacteria and viruses
- Occasionally back washed and air scoured to boost performance and removing the fouling layer to extend operating life
- Low fouling membrane modules
- UF Outside-In or Inside-Out configuration permits reduced plugging and higher solids loading
- Basic, vertical and modular design permits low cost and compact systems
- Effective membrane cleaning has a high chemical resistance and temperature tolerance
- Reverse Osmosis pre-treatment
- Process separation or recovery
- Drinking water treatment
- Tertiary wastewater or grey water treatment
- Power supply: 460V / 3Ph / 60Hz
- Temperature: 25°C (Max. 40°C)
- TOC < 10 (Max. < 40 mgL)
- pH 6-9 (2-11 cleaning)
- TSS < 50 (Max. < 100 mg/L)
- Backwash frequency 20-60 minutes
- Turbidity < 50 (Max. 300 NTU)
- Cl2 0.5 ppm (2,000 cleaning)
- COD Max. < 60 mg/LM
*Custom capacity and specification UF System is available. Please feel free to contact us at any time should you require any technical or sales support regarding this system.
*HUI supplies a full line of standard and fully customizable UF system, all of which are engineered using advanced 3D computer modelling and process design software.